Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Greetings from the anti prius...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:30 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Smile Greetings from the anti prius...

Just checking in...I'm a first time Mercedes owner, other than an old 190E 2.5 I got given for a few months in the mid 90s.

We were looking for an upgrade from our 2010 Toyota Prius as the main family vehicle, had enough of the eco fad and low quality (only so much organic recycled plastic anyone can take) materials, and wanted the space and comfort of an SUV again. As our parents are getting a bit older, but do like to come out with us and the children a seven seat option was great.

Our minds were set on the LandRover Discover as it houses full size 7 adults, or the new RangeRover Sport 7 seat (but found the rear seats to small for our children)...And then I noticed the new x166 GL that was introduced. One long test drive later and we were sold. Combined with a dealer that was true to their name and was willing to make a 'deal' we are since late September 2013 the proud owners of our 'beast' as my children call it since it growls

Oh, I live in the United Kingdom but despite my French name, I am actually Dutch and originally from the Netherlands. Still with me

So far we've only had one issue. The car lost all power on a busy road junction. And I've found the 7 speed gearbox rather lazy. However a new battery and software update seems to have that all sorted. I loved it how the dealer apologised that they only had a E350 for me as loan car. I joked that I want an SLS next time and they said they would do their best due to only having an E class available. Brilliant I am going to like this service. Unlike Toyota where I had to pay for loan car and insurance.....

Anyway I ramble...Hello from me, Jean-Paul
Old 01-19-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
And some pictures...

Old 01-28-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240 Wagon
The anti

I thought we has the anti-Prius. We always wave and thank them for saving gas...for us.
Pat
Attached Thumbnails Greetings from the anti prius...-sprong-2011-1-007.jpg