Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2002 Mercedes C240 6cyl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes C240
2002 Mercedes C240 6cyl

Hi All:

I have a 2002 MB C240 and recently had the torque converter and transmission rebuilt at 167,000 miles. Probably not related, BUT, my Cd player no longer works. When pushing the CD player button I get "No CD player". All functions appear to work. I can eject, insert, etc but when trying to play I get above message. Any thoughts?

Also, I have a bit o whinning noise coming from the rear end. Is it worth the cost to replace the rear differential? Sounds like a pinion gear in an old truck.

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Hi Bill,
I have a 2002 C240( ex Jap import), done 75oookm a terrific car however I am having the same problem as you regarding the cd changer telling me "NO CD PLAYER"but prior to that the cd holder would not eject
From what I have been able to find out this is a common problem with this particular changer and to date I have been unable to get a replacement in NZ
There are the odd ones coming up on EBay for sale but who wants to pay $300 plus for a bum model player the same thing could happen again .unfortunately these players have a Mercedes proprietary Fibre Optics system which makes the fitting of an aftermarket player impossible, the whole audio conductor wiring would have to be replaced a massive undertaking The sad part is the radio reception in these are not the best ,the arial is in the hood lining above the rear window and keeps fading out
I just use the tape deck now I have been able to pick up some good tapes and the player is extremely clear, try it you will be impressed
Cheers Dave