Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Oil leak. Oil level low. Oil sensor? DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Mercedes C230 kompressor 2-door
Oil leak. Oil level low. Oil sensor? DIY

Good day,

I own 03 Mercedes C230 kompressor and I have had an ongoing issue with an oil leak. It leaks very little, you almost can't tell that there is a leak. A message Low Oil level Visit Mechanic pops up every time I start the car. I have done a few oil changes since I have had this problem. I also changed Engine Rear Cam plug O-ring(mechanic's advise), which helped, it used leak more, but did not completely fix the problem. I have recently changed the battery.

I heard that oil sensor leaks are common for these cars. On top of that, when I try to measure oil using auto sensor, it does not work(it shows that measurement is in progress, but does not give me a result of the measurement).

Please advise. Does it sound like oil sensor is an actual problem? Does anyone have DIY instructions on how to fix it or at least locate it in order to make sure that the sensor is in fact leaking?

Thank you