Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2008 c300 4 matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014 | 08:22 AM

300 c 4 matic 2008
Angry 2008 c300 4 matic

I was reading some posts and I now know what my problem is. I drove in the morning with np, then went to start my car 7 hours later and nothing. The windows do not open & my car is stuck in park, the lights do go on. I bought a new battery, wasn't that, I checked all fuses wasn't that either. I popped open the shifter so I could put car in neutral so I could tow it. I spent 5 hours and had a few people look at it, nothing. I now believe it may be the Cam Solenoid that a few people mentioned. I brought car used so I do not have a warranty I just hope that it may be considered a recall due to the high # of complaints. No car, more money and I just broke a nail! ( a little humor I need it )
Old 02-18-2014 | 07:01 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Brandibailey@12
I was reading some posts and I now know what my problem is. I drove in the morning with np, then went to start my car 7 hours later and nothing. The windows do not open & my car is stuck in park, the lights do go on. I bought a new battery, wasn't that, I checked all fuses wasn't that either. I popped open the shifter so I could put car in neutral so I could tow it. I spent 5 hours and had a few people look at it, nothing. I now believe it may be the Cam Solenoid that a few people mentioned. I brought car used so I do not have a warranty I just hope that it may be considered a recall due to the high # of complaints. No car, more money and I just broke a nail! ( a little humor I need it )
I just read a thread about the electronic steering lock or ESL going bad on this model. Search mbworld for it. Its also on the c-class w204 recent posts list.