Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Conductor Plate Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E430
Conductor Plate Install

Alright everyone, so as I have read other posts and was able to diagnose and install a new conductor plate on my 2001 E430. However, I am now having some resistance shifting from park to other gears. I never had this issue initially. My initial issue was that when shift to any gear the transmission would knock hard (Fault Code P0715 pointing to conductor plate). I dont know if I missed something in the installation process or need to adjust something. Only thing that pops up in my head is the leaf spring on the valve body. I accidentally removed it when I removed valve body. Does it need to be adjusted for proper tension to shifter?

Will someone shed some light on this for me PLEASE?
Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
You need to reset the transmission control unit for the stored codes so it can pop out of limp mode.

During the process it is easy to mess up anywhere from aligning the solenoids to pushing them in properly or filter not installed properly to not enough fluid or bad connection or dirt still in the body etc