Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

w124 Rear Driver Side Window Rolls Down Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300CE 24v
Disregard, Wrong category

Hey Guys, New to the forum and need some help , Just to give you some background I purchased a 1991 MB 300ce 24v as my 1st car in late June of 2013. The car was $600 with 172k miles. Over the summer i restored the vehicle to almost like new, (Literately everything down to the seatbelt presenter was rebuilt by me) this car had the classic ASR wiring issue which I have now straightened out so the car is (to my knowledge 100% Mechanically good and 99.99% Electrically Sorted). The previous owner was a classic car auctioneer and accidentally purchased this car (no idea how). He had no idea how to work on cars (as he only handles the business side of things) and realized the amount of work needed to get this car straight wasn't worth it to him. he did say this car's electronics were terrible, i managed to fix just about everything down to this last bug. I noticed that when i locked the car using the key, while the key was turned to lock or unlock (both for driver door lock and trunk lock) the Driver side rear window would start to roll down. This model has the "convenience feature" i think its called, when i turn the key to unlock all the windows come down and sun roof opens fine. When the key is held in the lock position on the door all windows go up and sunroof closes except the Driver side rear one which goes down no matter if i lock/unlock. I have no idea and am completely stumped on where to start to check for the problem, im very well electrically and mechanically inclined however any Guidance or suggestions would be extremely helpful. For now (as i live in Rochester. ny and it is -3 out) i just pulled the fuse for the back windows but i want to fix this problem as im one to want everything to work -_-.

-Thanks

Last edited by Bosnian_007; 02-25-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: wrong category