Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

First time Benz Owner with Qs - 2006 E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
Question First time Benz Owner with Qs - 2006 E350

Hello!

My name is Abhi. I was so glad I found this Forum.

I recently bought a 2006 E350 with 89k miles on it. It is very clean (to look). However, I have noticed few things that bother me but could be normal for a Mercedes.

I hope you don't mind me asking few basic questions here. I hope it is ok.

Here they are:

1) When I turn the car on or even anytime (sometimes) I hear something start (a buzz) in the front right hand side corner. The previous owner said it's the computer starting. But it's happens a lot.

2) Today, I accelerated very quickly and a minute later the engine light came on and the car started shuddering. I pulled over and turned the car off. Few minutes later I turned it on and the engine light was gone and car was back to normal. I called the previous owner. He said it's because of the gas. There must be dirt or something and the Car readjusted itself.

3) Sometimes, when I am coming to a stop. the car jerks just at the last minute. Like the stuck brakes got released just a little.

Just wondering whether this is normal. I have never driven a new or a used luxury car before. I previous car was a manual transmission and plain simple. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
The buzzing is normal. It is the SBC brake system charging. You can find information about SBC brakes here or by using google.

The rough running engine sounds like a cylinder (or two) misfired, causing the engine computer to shut them off until the car was restarted. There will be error codes stored that your mechanic can retrieve. It's not possible to diagnose the cause with the information available, but could be something as simple as the car needs a tuneup.