Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

ML280 2008 central lock remote problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML280
ML280 2008 central lock remote problem

Hi Everyone
I have got a problem with my remote locking and unlocking. My car stop responding my key a while ago. I have tried most of things suggested in these forums sites but no luck. My key is working for sure because I can lock and unlock the car from the driver door`s infrared receiver. I have to be close by the driver door of the car to do that of course. I have been using it like this.
It is really irritating not to lock and unlock from a distance.

From distance it does not respond at all. No problem with central locking, it works fine. Any one can help. I am going mad.... Please. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 SL55
Take a couple of steps back from your car and hold the key fob touching your chin and try it. If it works, then the new batteries you put in the fob are weak.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML280
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately problem is not the batteries. Key functions can open the doors via infrared receiver on driver door handle from couple of steps back. But you have to point the key straight to the door. This is how I am using it but you cannot lock or unlock from meters away because it does not receive the signal. I have seem some wart link in the trunk where back SAM is. Could that be reason. Please help