Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

HELLO FROM... PARIS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 E320 convertible 1995
HELLO FROM... PARIS!

Hello to all.
First of all, I am happy to be a member of this great site.
French citizen, I started my education in Berkeley in the 60' and came back in 1993 for a MBA in Hartford, Ct. I now live in Paris-France, work as a professional photographer and I purchased and brought back a E320 W124 convertible of 1995 from the USA. Why? I was looking for a smoked silver color body with a tan interior and this is an extremely rare combination in Europe. So the only solution to reach my dream was to purchase it in the States.
The transportation and registration process in France has been an hectic period with many traps, but eventually I was able to get all the car modifications and papers in order. I now enjoy to drive it around.

My goal now is to bring it back to a "near new" overall condition. So I hope to find among all of you all the answers to the many questions that inevitably will "pop up". And I will be more than happy to share my knowledge about this model.
For the moment the car runs great and has no flaws: everything works very well! Only some parts seem to be aged and need replacement (drive train rubbers mostly).
Best regards.