Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Is the '07 ML63 a Lemon???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 ML63
Is the '07 ML63 a Lemon???

New member folks, begging for some feedback. I picked up an 07 ml63 June '13. 59k miles 1 previous owner that had it on lease, then was buying out of that lease and traded it in through an Audi dealer. I picked it up from Audi. I also had a MB dealer mechanic inspect the car before I bought it. After a thorough inspection and test drive the only thing found that I had to negotiate with was a bad alignment and worn tires... And negotiate I did.

However, since having the car I've needed to repair some sort of fuel sensor that was leaking gas (!!!); conductor plate in the transmission; there is a rattle in the front suspension somewhere that the dealer can't locate and fix (had them look at it twice, multiple points of view); rear air shock is starting to leak; lift gate often fails to open; drivers door touch button for locking and unlocking fails every now and again... And now there is an air leak in 1) the dipstick seal and 2) the intake manifold which is setting the check engine light off and causing a little bit of bucking.

Of these issues, I've dropped about $1,700 to fix the fuel leak and conductor plate.

Clearly we're all enthusiast. I love the car, but it feels like MB didn't make this car to last more than 60k miles.

I'm seriously considering trading out of it, out of fear for a transmission to go, supercharger failure or some other outrageous gap in MB reliability.

Not looking for "gotta pay to play" feedback... Anyone have or know someone that has the '07ml63 with higher miles (>70k); what is your experience?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG E53 Coupe
EJECT EJECT EJECT!

Sounds like a money pit that will rattle your wallet and your resolve in the Silver Star brand.