Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Used 190e with blower motor problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 Mercedes 190e 2.6
Red face Used 190e with blower motor problems

A few months back I bought a 1989 mercedes 190e 2.6. It had huge problems. New heater core, tune up, detailing, windshield, trans service, exhaust, blower motor, and a few sensors, all done by myself, its going pretty good. I'm new here, and im looking for help trouble shooting a blower motor working intermittently. Can someone please direct me to a thread or answer a question?

The previous owners disabled the a/c i dont know how good of a job they did, so it is not working. I dont have a problem with that but the blower motor only comes on when the key is on but the car is not running. It lights up, changes lights, changes between defrost and floor, everything. It just wont keep going when i turn the car over. It just clicks and the lights dim. I read somewhere that the A/C ran only when the car was running... is that true? Is it linked somehow and not sending power to something that needs it when the car is running? Could they have not disabled properly? I have checked all fuses and the oustide fuse box relays. It works when the car is not running on all speeds so everything functions. I am lost and looking for some guidance please help a guy out!!!