Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Noob in NH (US). 2006 E500 4Matic. Vanity Plate ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 4matic
Noob in NH (US). 2006 E500 4Matic. Vanity Plate ideas?

TL;DR = Bought my first Mercedes after decades of volvo's and a jeep wrangler. Looking for any advice you might consider obvious but really isn't to a noob like me. I'm looking for the FAQ

Longer version follows:

I'm pretty sure saying, "E500 4Matic" marks me as a rube. Pretty sure I should be saying W212 or something more correct.

Also still figuring out what features the car has... 3 days in and I just discovered it has a 5 disc changer... very well hidden I must say. It does not have the massage seats or any flavour of bluetooth.

I'm thinking of getting a Vanity (i.e. custom) license plate. Some of the options are Mercedes specific... so call me a fool for these ideas if you haven't already got a reason:

From Janis Joplin's song Mercedes Benz:
O-LORD
AMENDS

CARLSVW : The idea here is people would say, "That's not a VW," to which I reply, "I'm not Carl."

A fun story: I pressed the "i" button in the center console and talked to the MB on-call people. I was just sitting in my garage and told them I was pretty sure I wasn't a subscriber... they were very nice and I might actually subscribe, based on the "sign up fees" etc. He said the yearly fee was something like $240. Not sure on that though.

Anyway - here I am. Hope you folks are as friendly as I hope you are.

M@
Old 04-21-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG E53 Coupe
I vote for CARLSVW - that was funny! Great conversation starter for sure!