Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

C55 amg leather clear coat peeling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG; 2005 E320 4matic; 2001 ML430; 1995 S320; 1998 C230; 1995 C280; 1985 300D turbo Diesel
C55 amg leather clear coat peeling

Hey guys,
The leather clear coat on the center console(not really center console but didnt know what else to call it, its the middle console that has all the climate control and cd player) is peeling off, no damage to the leather whatsoever just a slight loss of the gloss, looks like a sunburn peeled. The spot is right where my knee rests when driving, next to ac control on side of center column(where cd player and all the climate controls are). I'm going to order some clear coat to fix it but didnt know if anyone else had any experience with this problem and knew a preventive measure to take after I fix it.

Happens easily cause this is my summer car and I always wear shorts and hardly use the AC, usually windows down and sporty driving, so knee gets a little sweaty. Just dont want to fix it and it occur again which I imagine it will if I don't take proper measures.

Any help appreciated thank you in advance.