Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New wheels and Tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
New wheels and Tire pressure monitor

Hello folks, this great place , FABULOUS Members! I learned a LOT in the past few weeks here and wanted to thank all of you on your contributions and the wealth of information you guys share here so generously.

So, I bought my 2011 C300 sport last week, it's base model, the car has No packages whatsoever not even a sat radio. So sad... BUT, I bought it because it has 7K only on it , plus the price was under 25k out of the door, clean title of course, I hope it's a good deal.

Took the car to the dealer for service A, and I was told the car was serviced twice already once at 3k and second time at 5k so he advised not to do anything until the service indicator flashes.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, after I got the car, I had to fill it up with gas since it was almost empty, so I stopped at the gas station and it took SO LOOONG to fill up $20 worth of gas, I got really tired standing there holding everyone else behind me , tried again at a different gas station, same long story. When I mentioned it to the service dude, his answer was like yeah it's a common issue, and there is no fix to that! I'm like wtf! Are you serious? And he goes yes, I will just have to learn how to hold it in a specific angle and push in a different way, and all this BS. I looked it up here and found posts confirms what he said, which makes me feel better, but I'm SHOCKED , Toyota won't do that!

Now, i wana give my babe a face lift, she has a pearl beige exterior and tan interior. I'm starting by replacing those SUPER ugly stock wheels by something more sporty like what I saw here selling Nutek by NEXT spot motors or maybe AMG replica.

As illiterate as I'm in cars mechanics I am not sure what size I can use. Stock wheels are 17, what I like is 18 or 19, can I replace with bigger size without making it a big job with extra $$$?

Also, since the car is equipped with Tire Pressure Monitor, will these sensors needs to be replaced?

Then I will get her tinted, I live in SoCal and forecast is 90 degrees in 2 days. You can imagine the summer!

That's all what I can afford for now, but I'm open for any other ideas if you got one!

Anyway, I better stop talking now, so thank you for reading my post and hope to hear from all of you.

Last edited by Flyinhi; 04-29-2014 at 03:56 AM.