Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Problem with Convertible roof Not in Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 208 Convertible Final Edition
Cool Problem with Convertible roof Not in Thread

I have a 208 Final Edition CLK Convertible
It has one particular problem with the roof that I cannot find on any of the Useful Threads so Far

I have already replaced the Roof Bow Lock Switch (The one that is attached to the Operating Rod behind the Right hand Door)

ROOF CLOSED

Set handbrake/ Perk and Ignition On

Turn and release Roof Handle
Windows Drop (and so does Roll over Units if up)
Bow Lock unlatches and lifts to about 90 degrees
Rear Cover Unlatches and Lifts
THEN NOTHING

The roof should, of course, then move backwards into compartment the cover should then drop and latch

If I turn off the ignition and then back on again and push the switch the other way the whole roof closes, the Back compartment drops and locks and the Bow drops onto cover and Locks

If instead if doing the above I manually drop the roof into the compartment lock it manually and the close the cover and lock it. I can then turn off the ignition push the switch to close It all works and closes properly as it should.

On Note is that I have always had to 'help' the roof to open once the bow has dropped back. Since the Bow Lock Switch broke and I replaced it it has done the above

I am away in Scotland for a week so cant try anything but I will follow this thread

MANK THANKS