Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Newbie Need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Mercedes Benz E320 Sedan
Newbie Need HELP!!!

I didn't know how else to post a thread to ask a question except here. I have only been on here one other time for a question. I need help, badly. My car has gone crazy. I have a 98 E320. I really love it, but I don't know what is wrong with it. All of a sudden the lights would not go off, and the alarm horn would not shut off. Then I had to replace the battery. (there was water standing under the back seat after a big rain, I found out after the fact,which has caused these problems probably) I don't know what the box beside the battery and fuse box is with MRL SRU on it. It looks like it might be a relay or some sort of hydraulic pump. I really don't have a clue what it is. It has some wires coming from it also. There is a thing on the box that looks like a screw on top it has PP-T40. Anyway, after I replaced the battery, this box started smoking and had a really funny smell to the smoke. So I know it is burned out. The alarm horn had actually gone off (not the lights, just the horn) until that box started smoking ( we thought we had lucked out and everything was drying out and that part of the problem was okay, we were wrong) If someone could tell me what that box is and if they had ever had this problem before, please help me. Also, if you could tell me why the water is standing in the back under the seat. I was told there is some sort of plug clogged up, but not where it is. The mechanic wanted to charge me $120.00 to unclog it. I someone could tell me where to look, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much for any advice or help you can give me.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
I need help my 2008 c300 won't start , I've just went through the car wash and came home , and then was Going to park my car in the garage but it won't start
Old 05-24-2014, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
You'll probably get more help if you post in the forum specific to your car. To the first poster, yours is a W210.