Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Just another classic merc enthusiast. (and owner)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014 | 09:50 AM

1979 450 SLC (my first love), 2003 S320CDI (Mom's Car), 380SEC (project car, to be modified/rebuilt)
Just another classic merc enthusiast. (and owner)

Howzit all.
I'm from sunny South Africa and my family is a little merc crazy.
Currently I have an almost mint 1979 450slc that is probably treated better than my girlfriend. (It has been in my life a lot longer)
And a 1983 380SEC which I foresee becoming a project car since it is in a sad condition. I have a few questions about this like which engine and gearbox to go for etc, please point me towards the right section to start that full discussion.

Then my mother drives a 2003 S320cdi which was purchased after she finally let the 1993 S500 go, which was bought after an 80's 500SE was stolen, the SE was the car I remember most fondly growing up.

I also owned a 1973 280 when I was a student, which I later sold due to not having sufficient space for it among other reasons.

Ive been a member for a long time but never posted anything. But of course now that I need advice on the project Ill probably be around a bit.