Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New guy question about bio diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350
Question New guy question about bio diesel

Hi from Arizona! Just purchased our first Mercedes a few months ago (2014 E350), and we love it. I'm recently retired and just noticed I've outgrown our Toyota FJ Cruiser. We spend our summers in Colorado and plan some long driving trips (no kids). I've narrowed the choices to the newly designed Yukon Denali and the Mercedes GL350. I just drove the 2015 Denali yesterday. 420 hp, magnetic shocks, etc. Although the numbers look great for a $76,000 GM car, it didn't "flip my skirt up" like the GL350. In fact, it's hard to believe the Denali is within 20 grand of the GL. HOWEVER....I've recently read numerous articles about the new B10 bio diesel fuel that voids the warranty with Mercedes diesels. My Scottsdale Mercedes dealer said that dealers in Illinois have stopped ordering diesels because of the warranty issue. It appears that avoiding this fuel would be impossible when driving cross country. I'm sure it's just a matter of time Arizona starts using this fuel. Do any of you diesel owners have current info on this? Seems like this is a deal breaker for Mercedes diesels until they figure out a fix.
Thanks...