Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New Member any help would be much appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2014 | 07:28 PM

clk 240 05
New Member any help would be much appreciated

Hi

I'm from Edinburgh and after years of driving old sheds jumped into the Mercedes world 2 days ago and bought an 05 plate CLK 240 Coupe. Absolutely loved it, 30k miles and like new inside and out, upgraded AMG alloys and leather everything.....thought this is amazing, never driven anything that feels so smooth and well built, then after 2 days of owning it it cut out half way across a junction tonight, no warning just out of the blue and then refused to start. Had it lifted and taken to the house where the spare key started it but then about five seconds later it died again and wont start back up. Is this a common issue with them (the comp says no malfunction)? Guy from the RAC wasnt interested in finding out what was wrong with it just wanted to tow it forward until i mentioned its an auto so probably shouldnt......any ideas before i go into the dealers tomorrow so i can at least point them towards what i want fixed ?

If this isnt the kind of thing that should be in a new members thread then massive apologies
Old 08-03-2014 | 10:59 PM

2009 clk 350 cabriolet
I have 2001 clk cabriolet, sound like what happened to me when the camshaft sensor went out and burned some wiring.