Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello All

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK200 Kompressor
Hello All

Hi there Chaps and Chapesses

I have found this forum while researching symptoms of my poorly sick CLK

I hope to be chatting soon about whimsical stuff, not the dreaded fluctuating RPM, loss of throttle, limp home mode and ESP error that seems to be far more common than I first thought.

I have always thought it was my throttle body as when the fault first reared it's head, I could cure it with a light tapping with the flat of my hand on the top of the throttle body. Once started, she was typically fine for the rest of the day.

My breakdown service told me it was the MAS. Duly replaced and no change. I have got to the point that Clara (my Car) will not start at all now. I had a diagnostics check done yesterday. There was a fault list as long as my arm, but after clearing all faults, P2032 actuator fault reappeared after trying to start Clara. The technician has told me it is the throttle body that needs replacing. One is now on it's way. Prior to the diagnostics, I have checked and cleaned all the connectors I could find. I have stripped and cleaned the throttle body (both electrical and mechanical) all to no avail.

Fingers crossed, as I have seen some proper horror stories of how much people have replaced trying to cure this problem which seems far more common than I thought.

Anyhow, enough rambling, and I hope to chat to you all soon.