Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

First Mercedes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014 | 12:50 AM

2003 E320
First Mercedes!

Aloha,

So I bought my first Mercedes yesterday, a 2003 E320. Normally I would go to BMW for this type of vehicle (I've owned E46's in the past) but I have to say wow-I'm impressed by the power and comfort! But, like all used vehicles it has its issues.

I'm scouring the forums looking for answers to my questions and concerns.

Such as the Tele SOS issue (my "box" looks different than the pictures in the other posts),

SRS alert

At night (well its more noticeable at night) my radio will flash randomly and then go back to normal during this flash the audio stops and the Tele SOS error shows in the console

I am only able to unlock/lock the vehicle by pointing the fob at the drivers door. I've tried the front/back and passenger side of the vehicle but nothing works. I've replaced the batteries in the fob also and tried doing the sync.

I am hearing brake squeak also but nothing shows in the console-is it time to replace them?

So, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction since here in Hawaii things are more expensive.

rmart73
Old 08-28-2014 | 04:08 AM

2003 E320
First Mercedes...Cont'd

So by "box" I am referring to the box that the tele connects to, but mine does not have a box. It seems as if the box had been removed and the lines are connected directly...or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. Also, what is this thing connected to the battery? One of the led's flashes green...is this normal or should this be removed?