Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

DIY Amateur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014 | 02:09 AM

W203 C320
DIY Amateur

Hello, I'm from Auckland, New Zealand and I've owned only one car so far, a 2001 W203 C320. It's done approximately 160,000kms and it's still driveable

Due to several problems that cropped out years ago and that I never bothered to fix (the infamous battery-draining seat control electronics, and the clicking AC on startup), not to mention years of abuse on the paint and bodywork despite washing frequently, I have decided that it's more economic to keep her running, at least until I can afford an E63 AMG S.

After reading up on a few basic DIYs here I began to realise that my dealership was charging astronomical prices for stuff, so can anyone offer advice on how difficult changing sway bar bushings would be? I suspect that they are the cause of creaking in the front when going over bumps and when driving on poor roads, the most advanced DIY job I've done so far is replacing my air filters and changing out tyres. The thought of having to jackup the entire car is quite daunting. I'm aware there are quite a few well written guides with images here and elsewhere online but I don't want to get myself into a situation where only a mechanic can extract me from.

Thanks.

Last edited by Engapol; 09-29-2014 at 02:12 AM.