Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New to Forum - Northern NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1977 450SL & 2014 E350 4-matic
New to Forum - Northern NJ

Hi All -

I had never owned a MB and now have 2. My main car is a 2014 E350 4-matic which I love. I have owned several brands - including foreign and domestic luxury brands - and my wife and I agree that this is the most comfortable and satisfying car we have had.

I also recently acquired a 1977 450SL which was pretty cheap. Everything works and it runs pretty well but there are some underneath rust issues which will probably get worse over time. My plans are to use the car as a learning project since it is my 1st old car in about 20 years and I am interested in learning to fix things and keep it running. So far I have done some minimal work - fixed a couple of switches that did not work and the fuel neck filler seal which leaked when the tank was full. My immediate project will be fixing the speedometer (which is now noisy and clicking) and the odometer (which is stuck at 109k miles). I am so far enjoying the project and hope to have it as a weekend/around town car for the spring and summer.

Look forward to finding great information on this site. One thing I am immediately interested in as a novice is finding a good local repair shop. My hope is that I can get an inspection on the issues I should be addressing sooner rather than later (when I am pushing it home!). Any advice in the Northern NJ area is appreciated. thanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the MBWorld community, there is a lot of great info here.