Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2002 E320 Electronic Problems...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E320
2002 E320 Electronic Problems...

I recently purchased a 2002 E320 MB. I've had problems with the key not starting the car, the radio not turning off, the transmission not shifting and the windows not opening. If I turn off the key and re-start…most of the time, all of these issues are nonexistent. I took it to MB and their computer scan said it needed a K40 Relay, which I replaced. I'm still having the same problems. Can anyone provide any advice on what may be causing this, please?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 2002
Problems I just had and fixed

Suggestion to those issues. I have a 2002 E320 that had intermittent problems on various component systems and including a hard to start issue. Car only started on the second try. The solution to these issues was the following. Go under hood to the fuse box on the driver's side. Inside, pull each fuse one at a time and clean both blades on the fuse with a nail file the women use for their nails (cardboard nail files that look like sandpaper). I went thru every fuse and my car starts on first try like it use to and the intermittents are gone. Consider with aged cars acquire the electrical oxidation and gets bad enough to cause bad contacts to parts and assemblies. Also if there is a relay controlling say, the fuel pump cutting on, first try cleaning the relay's pins before replacing it.