Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Does my dealer charge me for service B, and if so how much

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Does my dealer charge me for service B, and if so how much

Recently bought a 2013 ML350 BLUETEC. This is my first Mercedes, so I don't know how the Benz dealerships really work. The car is giving me a message that servicing is due, service B to be exact. I have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty on this car. Does that cover any servicing that is needed on the car or will it come out of my pocket. Additionally, are there any other substitutes for Bluetec Adblue fluid or no? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Warranty does not cover the a or b services unless you get dealer to put it in writing that they cover it when you buy the vehicle. The B service is about double the A cost. If you just bought the vehicle I would talk to the sales person. The dealer should have known it was due. If they do not pay for it call around to other dealers and compare the costs. You can usually find it cheaper at least at one dealer.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:14 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome! Yes, good info above. Also can try to find a local indy shop that will charge significantly less than the dealer for services like these. Good luck!

-Luccia