Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2010 C300 bad alternator?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c300 4matic sport
2010 C300 bad alternator?

So, a bunch of issues recently started with my 2010 Mercedes c300.
First off for the last 3 months have noticed a sound coming from the drive belt system. Sounds like maybe a worn bearing somewhere. Then before I got to get looking at it my key stopped working, the unlock button was jammed and didn't work, replaced the key battery, nothing. Then right after that I noticed While the car was off the right rear turn signal and front right parking lamp turn on and flicker out of nowhere. Once I open the door and turn the lights on then back off, they shut off. Then, while parked over a weekend the battery died, jumped it, back in business. That happened maybe 3 times then the fourth time the battery wouldn't jump, it was toasted. Replaced the battery, back in business but still having noise and vibrations from the alternator and the lights issue while the car is off. Key remote is also still inoperable but starts the car.

I'm curious if all these issues could be related to a bad alternator, because the dealership wants to charge me an arm to run diagnostics on each individual problem.

I had the right rear taillight replaced due to a recall about 5 months ago. And the battery that died was only 1 year old.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! This is the new members introduction section of the forum. Might have better luck getting your question answered by posting in this section of the forum. Good luck!

-Luccia
Old 06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome someone should be able to help you