Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Tail Light out message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK270CDI
Angry Tail Light out message

My CLK270CDI showed a message saying left tail light is out and an alternative bulb was being used. I checked and the bulb was fine, but replaced it anyway, still the same. checked forums etc some said make sure you do not use cheap bulbs so went to MB dealer and got a bulb from them, still no good. Eventually I ordered and changed the bulb housing, still no joy.
Finally out of desperation decided to check all bulbs one by one, it turned out it was the side/parking light which was faulty, although the display clearly stated tail light, which I checked with hand book to identify.
So to save yourself a lot of headache and expense, do not take what the display says as absolute. I did not expect such a silly mistake from the MB system which is so advanced that uses another bulb when it senses a fault, but is unable to identify the correct bulb.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome Glad you solved your bulb problem
Old 08-24-2015, 06:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld. Sorry about your issue, but glad you got it resolved.