Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Problem with SRS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz c240, 2001
Unhappy Problem with SRS

Hi All, I have Mercedes C240 (2001) and it worked fine until this evening when I was trying to return home from the work place. I experienced the following problem: At the beginning when I inserted the key and get it to the first position it brought the message that there is a problem with brake liquid, but afterwards when I turned the key to the second position the message related to SRS pooped up saying: "Restrained System, visit Workshop, SRS" and also the sort of blue light appears on the display. It seems that all the systems in the car were blocked and you couldn't do anything, nevertheless there was no problem turning on the engine. It was very late so I had to leave my car at work place and return home. Tomorrow I will need to return there and try to figure out what is the problem and whether I can drive it in this state. Please advice what could be the reason for such type of malfunction? Thanks in advance !