Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

starting problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 C class 250td
starting problem

Hi i recently bought a w202 250 td parked it in the garage. Next morning it wouldn't start turned out it didn't have enough diesel. so i gave it some started and filled the tank. I gave it a service new oil filter oil change air filter ac filter and fuel filter. Now sometimes when i go to start in the morning it starts and stops after 1 or 2 seconds. these few seconds seem like engine is missing or misfiring. Then i keep turning the key and after some time it starts and keep running fine (misses for a few seconds but then ok).

I said sometimes because there is no time or day it doesn't and how much fuel it has in tank doesn't matter.

I think it's getting air in the system or that fuel is leaking but i read somewhere that if it did a light would show on the dash and if fuel leaked it would shut off automatically. Is this true? Last thing on some days that it didn't start i found the fuel filter came slightly undone and needs tightening up. so is there a torque setting for it? as i m afraid of breaking the bolt

Thanks
Old 12-03-2015, 07:00 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld

How cold is it when you start it in the morning? Diesels are tough to start in cold weather. Have to use winter blend diesel gas to prevent it from gelling. I had a block heater on an old diesel I used to have for winter months.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 C class 250td
well it doesn't get below 0 Celsius it that s what you re asking it maybe gets as cold as 10 degrees Celsius at the coldest times. Most of the time it s 15 or whereabouts.

Today it was 13 degrees on the dashboard thermometer

Last edited by laandaa; 12-04-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added info