Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello, new guy, few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E55 AMG 2001, MB E270 2000
Hello, new guy, few questions

Hei everyone, I have been reading this forum for long time and I have found many answers to things I needed to have done. The thing is, I think I got lucky, that's why I am turning to you for your wise advices.

I bought for xmas a 2001 E55 AMG with 45600km on the clock. I was checking the car out for a month before I went to see it my self. I was surfing the net to get info about E55 AMG, looks like the car is good with not so many problems. Car I bought comes from Japan, have all the service history, no rust in or out, or under. Just small vibrations which are gone after the car has been driven a while, because it was garaged all the time.

As I live in Norway, first thing I am going to do to car is to spray under the car to get protection from salts. Next thing is more serious and that is a decision I have made, but I want to make sure, that that I planned to do is going to be right and I wont have any problems in the future.

I am planning to do a Kleemann upgrade. It sounds nice, but thing what worries me the most is the resource of the engine. All upgrades have their things to engine. So My question is, when I go from stock to 550Hp on engine, normal driving, of course I will push the pedal sometimes, but not everyday, how reliable is Kleemann kompressor and upgrades? Is there just normal service I have to follow or something else I have to look after?

I will use the car for everyday use, so I want to hear from those, who have made upgrades, how the car feels and goes while driving. Stock has enough power to compete with most of the cars here, but I feel I need a little more power. So If I go for Kleemann upgrade, I should also do something with suspension right, or is it enough with stocks? I have KSprot air suspension kit as well, but I am a little sceptic about installing it on AMG. They say kit is good also for drifting, I thing to be able to raise car is not a bad thought, because here in Norway bumps are so popular and all are "same dimension".

Other problems W210 has or can have I could see on my E270, most of them easy fix, can fix my self. Now that car is in restoration.

For now that's all.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:21 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld and grats on the pickup. Kleemann is a very reputable company so you don't have to worry about them... many here are running Kleemann tune, however as with any tune, you will be stressing the engine so that's a tradeoff you have to consider.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Welcome to MBWorld and grats on the pickup. Kleemann is a very reputable company so you don't have to worry about them... many here are running Kleemann tune, however as with any tune, you will be stressing the engine so that's a tradeoff you have to consider.
That's why I dont want to go max, I see that tranny is best MB has made in entire history and can take the heat. I do service regularly so I dont think I will get so many problems.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome please post picture of your ride
Old 02-22-2016, 10:32 AM

Will do later today
Old 02-22-2016, 12:25 PM

Nice inside and outside. Inside I will post later.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:45 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! Looks to be in good condition!