Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hi guys! Service B2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4matic sport
Hi guys! Service B2

Hi everyone! New member from Boston here - I bought a pre-owned 2012 MB C300 Sport almost two years ago. I've only had my services done at a local MB Dealership by my home. So far it's been really nice. I noticed a belt squeaking one day, and they ended up replacing the belt & a pulley - it was all covered under warranty. It was nice to only have to pay for wiper blades. So far, I've only had one service B done, and now my car is telling me that I need a service B2. I called and they said it will cost $306. They've been really good to me so far (keeping a GLC loaner for a couple days while they did the last service... And they give me Starbucks and snacks while I'm there. I think they even have Panera catering..). But is this normal? I've never had a car that only needs a service once a year... But damn! I wasn't expecting $306.. What is B2?

I love cars, and I love MB (this is my first!), but I should note I'm not a car guy... Meaning that I have no idea what really goes on under the hood.

This is my dream car. My Dad got me a MB convertible remote controlled car when I was a kid. It had little wipers on the headlights and the little plastic doors actually opened. Now that I'm in my thirties, I was finally able to buy a real one (pre-owned, sans the convertible top). My Dad was always a Saab guy (we were a middle class, single parent household).. He thought me how to appreciate European cars, and now, after this car, I won't drive anything else. MB safety alone is pretty incredible.

I don't know why I didn't sign up for this forum earlier... Sorry for rambling...

2nd question: Does anyone know why it takes so long to shift to drive from reverse when backing out of a spot? Sometimes I'm in a hurry and the delay freaks me out sometimes.

Okay, enough questions for today. Thanks guys!

Eric
Old 03-30-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Hi MBnewbie1
Welcome to the forums

I would suggest checking out your local indy shop that works on mercedes...they will very likely do the service B2 for much cheaper than the stealership (you probably won't get a starbucks though).

Here is a link to more info on services:

http://www.europaorlando.com/service-a-h
Old 03-30-2016, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
welcome you can find lots of information in the W204 section.

to find out exactly what B2 service check the service manual.

also service is once a year (oil change depending on how much you drive) BUT every other year there is a major service required.

i'll just post this as a warning if your at 60,000KM get your transmission service (make sure they don't forget the Torque converter drain as well)

Good luck you'll love the car I'm loving mine !