Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

I think I Purchased a Lemon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 Mercides
I think I Purchased a Lemon

I'm new to the thread. Purchased a 2015 c300 Mercedes last year - brand new - just got car out of the shop (dealership of course) with several things wrong with it. I was driving the car on the hwy and it started jerking and losing power. The dealership kept the car for two weeks and had to replace all this stuff - does anyone know what this means? Here is the paperwork they gave me once my car was "repaired":

A CLIENT STATES ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS STARTING YESTERDAY THE VEHICLE WOULD BUCK OR HESITATE ON ACCELERATION WITH NO OBSERVED PATTERN NOTED OR ANY WARNING LIGHTS. WHEN THIS HAPPENS VEHICLE WILL NOT ACCELERATE AND ENGINE SOUNDS A BIT ROUGHER

W-TECH PERFORMED INTIAL ROAD TESTING; VERIFIED AT 50 MPH ENGING AT OPERATING TEMP, ENGING JERKS AND HESITATES INTERMITTENTLY. PERFORMED SHORT TEST, FOUND DTC P033904 CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL MALFUNCTION. PERFORMED GUIDED TESTING. CONNECTED SOCKET BOX TEST HARNESS AND SCOPE, FOUND NORMAL SIGNAL VOLTATE AND TEST PATTERN. AS PER SF.1033 INSPECTED PIN CONNECTIONS AT ME. PLUG M TEST PATTERN. AS PER SF.1033 INSPECTED PIN CONNECTINS AT ME. PLUS M PINS 12 81 AND 18. AND B70 (CRANK SENSOR) PINS 1-3. FOR PINT TIGHTNESS AND PROPER CONTACTS. PERFORMED ADDITIONAL ROAD TEST. TECH 916 MILES. .84 PUCH VEHICLE STILL INTERMITTENT CUTTING OUT. DUE TO CRANK SENSOR BACK ORDERED GERMANY, AS PER SF. D/A PLUG CONNECTOR M AT ME. REPLACED PINS 12, 18 AND 81. D/A PLUG CONNECTOR 1 AT B70 AND REPLACED PIN SOCKETS. 1-3. S.F. PERFORMED OVERNIGHT ROAD TEST. FAULT STILL INTERMITTENT. R/R AND REPLACED CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR B70. RESET RING GEAR ADAPTINS ON RAOD TEST. .40 DW. PERFORMED ADDITIONAL OVERNIGHT ROAD TEST. B PERFORM OPEN CAMPAIGN TRANS CROSS BAR CAUSE: MC C.DC CORRECT TORUE OF SCREWS/BOLTS AT CROSSBAR FOR TRANSMISSION MOUNT.

I'm so upset. Lawyer says I don't have a lemon case because they didnt' keep it for 30 days. I don't know what all the gibberish means - but it sounds like this car had some major issues. Like I said, purchased the car brand new last year. Can someone interpret this for me so that I can understand it?