Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Spiral Bike Lock New Member need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 bought for hip room, comfort and distronic cruise control. Use to drive Lincoln Towncars
Spiral Bike Lock New Member need help

Hi I recently purchased S550 2014 and found out that a 2inch hitch cannot be welded on the back for a bicycle rack and no rack can behung off the truck because it is made of aluminum. So I purchased two (2) MBA0008900293 Bicycle Racks that attach to the MB A2228900093 Carrier Bars whichI also purchased that screw into the roof of the car. In the MB installationinstructions for the Bicycle Rack it states that they highly recommend thatI use the spiral locks part numberB66851705 or A0005831995 a spiral bicycle locks to keep the bikes from beingstolen (photo attached of a Spiral lock) . There are many part numbers for 3mmand 6 mm cables combinations (2 and 4 locks) as well. The problem is all MBspiral bike locks have been discontinued in the USA or Europe. I have contactedMB USA six times with no help; no one knows why or able to find out why thespiral locks for MB are no longer being made. All MB parts suppliers cannot fulfilledany orders that I have submitted to them because the parts have been discontinued.
As a new member how and where should I list a new thread tofind people with used spiral lock who no longer use their locks so that I purchasethem from them. I cannot even find the hyperlink to create new threads on MBWorld.Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, Vince
Attached Thumbnails Spiral Bike Lock New Member need help-spiral-lock-attached-mb-bicycle-rack-.jpg  
Old 05-11-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 bought for hip room, comfort and distronic cruise control. Use to drive Lincoln Towncars
unable to see the 'new thread' button

Since I am unable to see the 'new thread' button how do I gain the "right permissions" to do so. Thank you in advance for a reply. Vince