Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Greetings! Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Silverado, 1994 Miata, 1969 Olds Cutlass
Greetings! Need Advice!

Hi all, and thanks in advance for your guidance. I am in New York, in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. I own a body shop, where we specialize in restorations and resto-mods.

We have a client who brought to us a '79 300cd. Their intentions are very clear: Newer, updated complete drivetrain (they want a NOTICABLE increase in acceleration and performance) as well as interior. Basically start with the shell and give them a classic looking MB with the performance and benefits of a modern vehicle. The interior will be sublet out to Gillin Auto Interiors in Middletown, NY who have done numerous modern swaps.

Hoping to get some input from here (or another forum site, if anyone feels that would be better) as to which drivetrains would be a good place to start. Obviously engine bay clearance is an issue. Modifying the trans tunnel is not a deterrent. Would like to stay in the MB family, though other considerations are not out of the question. If someone could guide this to the correct sub-forum, i.e., tech or W123 or diesel, that would be fantastic!

I know many of you may feel its blasphemy to do such alterations to the car, but that is the client's wishes.

Thanks!!!!