Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Build Quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build Quality

New to the forums and new to Mercedes. Just bought a 2016 GLC300 in April.

Are folks generally happy with their overall build quality? I've been a Lexus driver for a while, and I can't recall ever having to take any of my RX's or ES in for random little quirks. My GLC has been in twice (wiper chatter both times) and now it's going in a third time this week for screeching brakes.

Am I just unlucky here, or are these "quirks" common with Mercedes?
Old 10-23-2016, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Originally Posted by Redcat255
New to the forums and new to Mercedes. Just bought a 2016 GLC300 in April.

Are folks generally happy with their overall build quality? I've been a Lexus driver for a while, and I can't recall ever having to take any of my RX's or ES in for random little quirks. My GLC has been in twice (wiper chatter both times) and now it's going in a third time this week for screeching brakes.

Am I just unlucky here, or are these "quirks" common with Mercedes?
Wiper chatter is because of the cheap rubber MB uses switch to Bosch icon and the chatter will stop. I have owner about 30 cars in my life and by far my MB car has had more problems than any other cars I have owner. It's like MB does not care. They say they are aware of the problem and they are working on a solution. So far 3 years and no solution. IF you put cheap garbage in you get cheap garbage out. No one really complains because it is a MB. Nothing but the best!!! right??????