Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Not a Mercedes owner yet. :-( any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Sequoia
Not a Mercedes owner yet. :-( any help appreciated

Hello guys,

I live in California's East Bay Area and I am looking into buying my first Mercedes, but not sure yet what I'd get. Yes, I'd like somewhat sporty performance, but I ride a 195hp 380Lb Ducati Panigale 1199 so I doubt I could afford anything that could beat that for performance thrills. So no looking for the absolute ultimate anything.

However my current Toyota truck is making me sleep while driving, so maybe a manual transmission or a more stout ride would be the ticket. 4 passenger is the only real requirement at this point.

I'm either selling my current SUV and get a newer used Mercedes (up to 60k , preferably some wagon or big car), or I'd keeping my current truck and getting an older, smaller Mercedes (20k range).

I really like the AMG Wagon S63, but there's not many to choose from and the options aren't clear (never found one with seats in the trunk for instance, is that hard to add?).

I'm not scared of doing maintenance myself, and I have read a bit about ABC suspensions. That does sound like a bit of a headache I'd rather avoid, but some CL are so interesting...

I'm too confused with all the different models and trim versions and if there's some resources for me to read about recommended good deals would be great.

I wouldn't shy away from say a 1991 daily driver car if it had historical significance etc.

Right now I just want to READ and LEARN, so i'll be looking for stickied threads and books to read on my kindle.

Again, not an owner, so please don't kick me out yet! Thank you!