Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MB E55 AMG owner in IL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG White
New MB E55 AMG owner in IL

Very excited to own this car that I've been wanting for so long now. It's crazy that this thing is affordable now. Never would I dream that a car like this would fall so far in value so as to be affordable to me. I've been a turbo Buick guy for awhile now enjoying the old nostalgic 87 grand national. Time for a change

This will technically be my first MB, although I drove a SLK 230 kompressor for a few months while a friend sat in jail. So, my new ride is a 2005 model E55 AMG. Super nice. 98k miles but the car looks new. Well maintained and bone stock. Alabaster white, fully loaded with panoramic roof, Distronic , parktronic, keyless go, you name it. It is located in FL. I need to fly down and drive it 1400 miles home to central IL. Kbb, edmunds, and Nada all say I overpaid by at least $1000 @ purchase price of $17,500. Car looks as clean as any car I've ever seen with near 100k on the clock.

After my mechanic and I go through the car and make sure everything is up to snuff, I plan to do the usual bolt on mods. The fella that sold me the car runs MB Automotive in pompano beach, and he claims to have a rock solid track record of reliably modifying these cars with no compromise in longevity. He has advised me to stay away from brands such as eurocharged and fabtech and had high praise for Kleemann, weistec, and renntech. But after browsing this site in some detail it seems a ton of people are running eurocharged tunes and doing well. So what are the opinions here? The seller claims that eurocharged has a reputation of blowing motors with their tunes. If this is the case,why are so many mb owners loyal to them? Maybe he heard some horror stories when they were starting out and have now ironed out the details into a solid tune? I don't know. I'd like to do the standard intake, exhaust, pulley w/ beltwrap, cooling, and tuning mods, and it seems there is plenty of money to be saved if I do not heed his advice. Anyways...just thought I'd jump in and start here.

Cheers
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by WannaBeeAMG
Very excited to own this car that I've been wanting for so long now. It's crazy that this thing is affordable now. Never would I dream that a car like this would fall so far in value so as to be affordable to me. I've been a turbo Buick guy for awhile now enjoying the old nostalgic 87 grand national. Time for a change

This will technically be my first MB, although I drove a SLK 230 kompressor for a few months while a friend sat in jail. So, my new ride is a 2005 model E55 AMG. Super nice. 98k miles but the car looks new. Well maintained and bone stock. Alabaster white, fully loaded with panoramic roof, Distronic , parktronic, keyless go, you name it. It is located in FL. I need to fly down and drive it 1400 miles home to central IL. Kbb, edmunds, and Nada all say I overpaid by at least $1000 @ purchase price of $17,500. Car looks as clean as any car I've ever seen with near 100k on the clock.

After my mechanic and I go through the car and make sure everything is up to snuff, I plan to do the usual bolt on mods. The fella that sold me the car runs MB Automotive in pompano beach, and he claims to have a rock solid track record of reliably modifying these cars with no compromise in longevity. He has advised me to stay away from brands such as eurocharged and fabtech and had high praise for Kleemann, weistec, and renntech. But after browsing this site in some detail it seems a ton of people are running eurocharged tunes and doing well. So what are the opinions here? The seller claims that eurocharged has a reputation of blowing motors with their tunes. If this is the case,why are so many mb owners loyal to them? Maybe he heard some horror stories when they were starting out and have now ironed out the details into a solid tune? I don't know. I'd like to do the standard intake, exhaust, pulley w/ beltwrap, cooling, and tuning mods, and it seems there is plenty of money to be saved if I do not heed his advice. Anyways...just thought I'd jump in and start here.

Cheers
He is trying to sell you. I would love to know who that is, and that is quite slanderous

We have close to 20k customers, and tune for some of the biggest names in the business (underground racing, dallas performance, heffner)

Where in IL are you. I can easily even meet you up to chat about it

lol this MB Automotive with 1 star ratings everywhere?

https://www.google.com/search?q=MB+A...65.fruG7gTZaKg
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (03-20-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG White
Originally Posted by loungn14
He is trying to sell you. I would love to know who that is, and that is quite slanderous

We have close to 20k customers, and tune for some of the biggest names in the business (underground racing, dallas performance, heffner)

Where in IL are you. I can easily even meet you up to chat about it

lol this MB Automotive with 1 star ratings everywhere?

https://www.google.com/search?q=MB+A...65.fruG7gTZaKg
Perhaps I didn't practice enough discretion here. I am in no way trying to get someone upset with he said she said bull. I don't think this fine gentleman was in any way trying to be slanderous, he was simply relaying his experiences with modding and tuning these cars. We all get opinionated and perhaps brand loyal when we get used to doing something a certain way and have success. I don't believe for one second that he was attempting to take shots at anyone, simply trying to give me advice based on his experience. I may have worded that particular section wrong. I was really fishing for other owners opinions that have experienced one company's tune or another and get them to chime in with their personal experience. I didn't expect a company rep to jump in here on this newbie thread and take offense. However, I'm always willing to listen to what one has to offer. I don't blame you for your reaction, I blame myself for my poor choice of words. I'm in East Peoria btw. I'm excited to get my new car. I'm buying a plane ticket today to fly down and drive it home.
All that said, I must say, I'm quite impressed that you are willing to meet up to chat, you must be close by in IL? Where are you located?