Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silly old me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
320 cdi
Unhappy Silly old me!

I wonder if anyone might have an answer to why flattening my battery has cost me my kick down?
I foolishly left my keys in the ignition with radio on for a week end and for the first time completely flattened the battery. Did a battery disconnect and charged for 24 hours.
Needless to say several strange settings changed and dashboard resembled a disco with odd lights coming on a odd times. Local (non MB garage) who looks after my 10 year old car very well, did a reset, and the only thing that is still not functioning is my kick down.
The auto gearbox is working perfectly, but I have to use tiptronic virtually manually to have anything like a meaning full ride.
The lack of kick down has been accompanied by the yellow 'emergency diagnostic' light staying on which I am guessing is linked?
Apparently the garage are saying that a fault code is coming up, relating to a motor that controls air inlet and that could be effecting emissions?
I find it very strange that this fault should become apparent for the first time in 120,000 miles, and at the same time as the flat battery.
Has anyone come across this before and more importantly any ideas for a fix as the replacement of the motor alone is set at about 4-5 hours labour plus £150 plus for a replacement motor?
Any ideas would be welcome
Thanks!