Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

NEED HELP !! w211 E63 AMG NOISE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 550
NEED HELP !! w211 E63 AMG NOISE

Im thankful for anyone who reads this because i have no answers. I Decided to join to catch up on some benz forums and news but i aslo came here to request some sort of advice because i cannot fix an issue that i am having with my car . I have the w211 e63 amg . Ever since i got an oil change at 66k miles , i have been experiencing a rattle coming from under the driver seat .I did change the oil again at 71k miles . Every time i start the car after it sits for some time , a ratteling noise comes from under the drivers seat . It sounds like sheet metal ratteling ontop of a scafolding . I checked if it was coming from the engine bay to see if maybe its the camshaft but it wasnt . Several months later the check engine light came on . Mecanic said it was showing a very thin fuel air mix ratio so we Changed the gasket on the intake manifold and the pcv valve . CEl came off but returned with a different message coupe days later . When it came on it happened when i turned the car after it was sitting for 30 min , the car started very wierd as if the exahust choked , and the car vibrated on starrtup for 4 sec the noise was also present . CEL was a p0014 code camshaft bank 1 timing over advanced . Went back mechanic said it was a faulty salinoid . Changed it along with the tension-er only for the code to come back two days later . Also the check engine light that came on had dissapeared but not popped up ever since but its still stored . I honestly dont know what to do , mechanic is a certified benz tech and i requested he checked that the camshaft rotated fine which he confirmed that they were fine . Is this noise part of the CEl or is it an issue on its own . I will be thankful for any advice or feed back thankyou!!!!!

Feel free to email me too Alanp11224@hotmail.com