Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Engine Overheating -coolant visit workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Engine Overheating -coolant visit workshop

Hi All ,
I know this problem has been raised before on this site , but my problem is kind of unique and l cant find a solution.
I have c240 automatic l first noticed that my coolant was yellowish and my mechanic advised to get a new radiator because it was mixing transmission oil and coolant. I bought a new radiator flushed coolant and also flushed transmission oil l did put in about 6 litres of transmission oil.
Replaced thermostat , new temperature senser , new lower and upper radiator hose .Now the car is overheating showing coolant visit workshop radiator fan not even spinning coolant is coming out from the water bottle when over heating .

Also the car is not getting into gears properly l am thinking the transmission oil might be low how many litres is required after a flush .Thanks l am in South Africa
Old 05-16-2017, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
I would say the thermostat is not opening. Even tho it is new it does not mean it is good. Try replacing the thermostat with one that opens sooner
Old 05-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Thanks , will do that