Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal on a 2017 C300 Sedan 2WD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
Is this a good deal on a 2017 C300 Sedan 2WD?

My local dealer has a 2017 C300 Sedan RWD for sale for $34950.

It has about 4300 miles on it because it was one of many used for loaner cars for the dealership this past year.

Get this, they are offering the car with a five year UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty backed by Mercedes-Benz from the in-service date which I'm assuming was sometime earlier this year.

I drive about 50K miles a year for work so I would be really working that warranty I'm assuming and at the end of the five years from in-service I should have a very well squared-away car that happens to have 250K or so miles on it.

My current daily driver is a 2011 Toyota Avalon with 93K miles that is nice but not really my style... I've had it only three months and it doesn't get the mileage advertised.

Toyota claims 29 mpg highway but I've never been able to get more than 25mpg. It does use regular unleaded though.

If the C300 gets the advertised 34mpg going about 81mph as I normally do when I drive for work it will be about a penny a mile cheaper to operate than the Avalon using today's prices for regular and premium.

My current payment on the Avalon is $271 a month with no warranty whatsoever and this C300 will probably run me around $680 a month and probably cost more on insurance.

What would you do?

My last car was a 2008 Acura TL I bought with 117K miles on it and I managed to get it up to 240K before the transmission blew.

That was roughly twenty-seven months of ownership...

I paid about $12500 for it. I paid $13500 for the Avalon.

The Avalon's "fine" for what I do. It's comfortable enough, lots of features, JBL stereo system...

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the cost for this car considering I will be beating it to death on the highway.

Is MB really good about honoring their warranty without any BS?

I've owned twelve to fifteen MB's in my day but they were all old and 90% diesels.

I'm a bit torn because I'm a cheap ******* but I think this deal could be worth it.

What do you think?

Last edited by The Osprey; 10-18-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I imagine for the unlimited mileage to be in effect, Mercedes would require you to have all scheduled services done at the dealership.
That can't be cheap. At the end of the 5yr, resale cant be very much either.

You would have to read the fine print.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
Originally Posted by SLOW C240
I imagine for the unlimited mileage to be in effect, Mercedes would require you to have all scheduled services done at the dealership.
That can't be cheap. At the end of the 5yr, resale cant be very much either.

You would have to read the fine print.
I will certainly make sure I know the conditions of the warranty. I don't plan on selling the car at five years though. If all repairs have been completed under warranty at the expiration of the warranty the car should be good to go. Whatever comes up after that I can certainly handle.