Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Acceleration issue!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 S350
Exclamation Acceleration issue!

Hello All,
I have a 2012 S350 Bluetec with 45,000 miles that I bought with 4,000 miles 4 years ago. I have experienced loss of acceleration on 3 separate occasions. All three times this has happened driving on the expressway. The first time I called the dealer when it happened and they told me to stop, turn off the car and restart. This took three times but it did correct the issue. I took it into the dealer and they were unable to find the cause. The second time it happened was about 6 months later (24,000 miles) under the same circumstances. I also took into the dealer and they found a manufacture bulletin that there was an issue with the torque converter which the dealer ordered from Germany. This seemed to have worked until last week when the same thing happened. I took the car back to the dealer and they kept the car for 5 days driving it but the issue did not come back. The dealer is telling my since there wasn't any code that came up they are unable to determine the issue and to just come back if it happens again. Problem is that overtime this happened I am forced to reset by restarting car to get acceleration back. I bought an extended warranty which covers me for another couple of years so I am not worried about the cost but am more worried if my wife whose car this is the primary driver tries to pull into traffic and loses acceleration. Has anyone had this problem with either this model or any other Mercedes model? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike