Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another BMW switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S
Another BMW switch

Ordered today an E class wagon for ED in May 2018. Sad about leaving BMW who have decided to leave the mid size wagon market in the US to Volvo and MD. I currently drive a 535 Touring that I picked up in Munich in 2008 and still love, but its time to move on. Test drove both Volvo V90 and an E class, and for me it was an easy choice.

E400 sport Diamond Silver P3
Macchiato Beige/Black leather with Macchiato Beige headliner
Natural Grain Black Ash Wood and center console (latter an extra $150)
PAF acoustic package
Heated steering wheel & ventilated seats

I would have preferred to order the 'Luxury' package styling with a Brown Ash center console, but the latter is currently not available, so you are forced to get 'Piano Black' plastic, and Macchiato Beige/Black is restricted to Sport styling.

Amazingly, when I sat with the Dealer and configured the order into the MB network, we got an immediate confirmation # and a print out of a bunch of paper work including customs power of attorney forms, the 60 Euro lunch voucher for the Sindelfingen delivery center, and the application for German export license plates etc.