Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just getting started.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 coupe
Just getting started.

Hi all just joined today. I haven't bought a Benz yet but have my heart set on one. Got hit by a drunk and had my new Toyota Yaris written off. After a long battle with my insurance company I had to settle for a lot less than the cost of replacing the car, so I ended up on the used car market. Had never considered a Benz until I saw a C230 for about the same as a Japanese car of equal year and milage, in fact better. I already have an F350 dually 4x4 for work and bad snow storms, I also have a 1966 El Camino for the summer for carrying toys to the park or lake, so what I need is a little hatch back for the better part of my simpler commutes . I don't like the bic lighter approach to things, I buy things to keep and make sure it's what I want and need. I don't like the new car from the dealer experience, in fact when I rejoice when a warranty is over and I can take care of my ride on my own terms. Anyway I'll try not to be too long winded with any posts after this intro and will look for existing posts to match my needs before asking questions that have already been answered. Found out a few things already about the car I'm looking at. A 2005 C230 Kompressor Coupe is a W203 chassis and the motor is M271. I needed to know this because I plan on getting a code reading diagnostic tool specific to Benz. I need to work hard and fast on this because I found a relatively low km one here in Oakville ON. 120000km , no accidents, good service record, looks good and 0 rust. $5000.oo cert. and e tested. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.Because right now the little hole in the floor near the drivers left foot has me puzzled.