Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2016 CLA250 - acceleration shaking, misfiring, etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLA250
2016 CLA250 - acceleration shaking, misfiring, etc...

I have a 2016 CLA250, about 10K miles. I’ve always noticed it jerks forward and feels like it’s shifting funny at times, and thought it may be a normal MB thing due to having many gears as I’ve never owned one before. Had the starter battery replaced since Eco start/stop never worked. Real issue: last time I took it on a road trip, fueled up mid trip and got back on the turnpike, engine misfired (shifted funny) and CEL came on. I turned the car off/on then it was fine. Happed again after fueling up back home. Took it to my dealer and couldn’t reproduce issue, no stored code. Drove fine in town for a few months. Took it back on road trip today, fueled up, same issue, CEL didn’t go off after restarting. Drove rough, car was vibrating badly and accelerated slowly (vibrations occurs when accelerating, limp mode?). Funny smell outside the car. CEL code is misfire on cylinder 1. Dealership is going to look at it and mentioned the fuel injector. I have a bad feeling about this car... Any ideas? Should I try to trade it back in? This is fairly new car (clean title, was the dealer loaner previously) and should NOT be running into this much problems! Thanks for your help!
The following 2 users liked this post by BenzGirl16:
Mikecla (10-17-2019), Mrformula1 (12-10-2020)
Old 12-23-2017, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 E350 and 2000 E430
Originally Posted by BenzGirl16
I have a 2016 CLA250, about 10K miles. I’ve always noticed it jerks forward and feels like it’s shifting funny at times, and thought it may be a normal MB thing due to having many gears as I’ve never owned one before. Had the starter battery replaced since Eco start/stop never worked. Real issue: last time I took it on a road trip, fueled up mid trip and got back on the turnpike, engine misfired (shifted funny) and CEL came on. I turned the car off/on then it was fine. Happed again after fueling up back home. Took it to my dealer and couldn’t reproduce issue, no stored code. Drove fine in town for a few months. Took it back on road trip today, fueled up, same issue, CEL didn’t go off after restarting. Drove rough, car was vibrating badly and accelerated slowly (vibrations occurs when accelerating, limp mode?). Funny smell outside the car. CEL code is misfire on cylinder 1. Dealership is going to look at it and mentioned the fuel injector. I have a bad feeling about this car... Any ideas? Should I try to trade it back in? This is fairly new car (clean title, was the dealer loaner previously) and should NOT be running into this much problems! Thanks for your help!
Engine misfires mess with the transmissions torque calculations so the transmission does not shift properly. Once they resolve your misfire issue it should drive better. Remember it's a dual clutch so if anything is off with the engine the clutch engagement will be off. Run good gas and that little motor will treat you well. Oh and once a misfire is detected a number of times the fuel is cut off on that cylinder so your car will run on 3 cylinders. That' why it was not running smooth.