Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Thank you for this forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Ups

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E200 executive model
Thank you for this forum

Bitter-sweet new owner of a new E200 w213 model. Waited 6 months for the vehicle to be made according to my specifications and then now left disappointed that the 360 degree camera was not fitted and I have no remote parking pilot.
According to Mercedes Benz South Africa neither can these features be retrofitted. I have the parking package which I paid extra for but it is no different to the parking pilot which comes standard with the new E. I am not sure if Mercedes Benz South Africa technical division actually know much about the car honestly which I why I have turned to this forum for expert advice. As far as i know my car has most of the prerequisites to use remote parking pilot...keyless go, auto transmission, parking sensors, parking pilot but maybe I am mistaken? I was informed by MB that remote parking pilot can' be retrofitted and this is even more confusing since from my research online, one has to be able to purchase the appropriate smartphone app and synchronise to the vehicle. My vehicle does not have this feature listed under the vehicle assistance menu.