Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hi Im New and I Need Guidance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 AMG E55
Hi Im New and I Need Guidance

Hi Members, my name is Lily and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I joined today bc I'm in a bit of situation and I'm confident that someone here can assist, guide or be the answer to my problem here.

My partner of 7yrs loves me and his 2000 Model AMG E55 equally so you soon understand how important it is for me to handle this car with the same care he would.
On the 28 Dec just a few days ago Chris my bloke didnt come home and after 15 hrs and many many phone calls I found him. Chris had been hit by a car on a freeway exit and was in ICU at a Melbourne Trauma Hospital.
What doesnt make sense to me is why he was on foot walking around the freeways exit and the car was found 20-30metres left of it. The key was nowhere to be found and all emergency officers present cant account for it either. His car looked as though it was parked up against a sign purposely and not as though it had just stopped due to a mechanical issue or lack of fuel bc then it would've just stopped by the road and not been driven up the gutter onto the grass and positioned away from the road and in harm's way...right?
My dilemma, Chris had both keys on him before leaving home so i believe that the spare that i cant find is in the tool box in his boot and the key he used is either locked inside the car somewhere or someone moved it where it had been found and they haven't realised they have the key or worse Chris had the key in his pocket and lost it in the minutes b4 or at the time he was struck by a car.
I had his car towed home which is now safe in the driveway but its blocked our other vehicles in as the tow truck driver couldnt drop it further down the drive bc chris had the car lowered and it would've cause too much damage to the back bc it was scraping so much the driver didnt want to be held accountable for the repairs if he pushed it any more than he did. Fair enough but now I'm stuck.
I'm forced to pay for cabs and beg for lifts and i guess I'll need to hire a car this week bc i cant move the merc. I dont want to spend a fortune getting into the boot to check for the spare in case it isn't there as ill need ever cent for every other surprise that comes my way while Chris isn't conscious.
I just need some direction.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03 mercedes e500 5.0 v8 04 honda accord 3.0 v6
Originally Posted by 76LS
Hi Members, my name is Lily and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I joined today bc I'm in a bit of situation and I'm confident that someone here can assist, guide or be the answer to my problem here.

My partner of 7yrs loves me and his 2000 Model AMG E55 equally so you soon understand how important it is for me to handle this car with the same care he would.
On the 28 Dec just a few days ago Chris my bloke didnt come home and after 15 hrs and many many phone calls I found him. Chris had been hit by a car on a freeway exit and was in ICU at a Melbourne Trauma Hospital.
What doesnt make sense to me is why he was on foot walking around the freeways exit and the car was found 20-30metres left of it. The key was nowhere to be found and all emergency officers present cant account for it either. His car looked as though it was parked up against a sign purposely and not as though it had just stopped due to a mechanical issue or lack of fuel bc then it would've just stopped by the road and not been driven up the gutter onto the grass and positioned away from the road and in harm's way...right?
My dilemma, Chris had both keys on him before leaving home so i believe that the spare that i cant find is in the tool box in his boot and the key he used is either locked inside the car somewhere or someone moved it where it had been found and they haven't realised they have the key or worse Chris had the key in his pocket and lost it in the minutes b4 or at the time he was struck by a car.
I had his car towed home which is now safe in the driveway but its blocked our other vehicles in as the tow truck driver couldnt drop it further down the drive bc chris had the car lowered and it would've cause too much damage to the back bc it was scraping so much the driver didnt want to be held accountable for the repairs if he pushed it any more than he did. Fair enough but now I'm stuck.
I'm forced to pay for cabs and beg for lifts and i guess I'll need to hire a car this week bc i cant move the merc. I dont want to spend a fortune getting into the boot to check for the spare in case it isn't there as ill need ever cent for every other surprise that comes my way while Chris isn't conscious.
I just need some direction.
sorry to hear about your husband but if your cars just blocked in in your drive way heres 2 things you can do. A: They make individual wheel jacks that lift up the whole wheel and car off the ground so you vould pivot the car enough to be able to maneuver the mercedes enough to get your other car out. Or B: it seems like a pretty serious situation. If you can securely rope the car up and drag it with a truck enough to squeeze you car out. Thats about the only things you can do without access to the inside and keys. They actually have a "cap" on the front and rear bumper that you can pop off and screw in a tow hook but the hooks in the trunk.... But if you just take your time and are careful you can move it enough to get out. As for the mercedes the only opition if you cant find the key is have a tow truck drag it on to a flat bed with a winch and take it to mercedes certified mechanic to most like have all new igniton put in but they might be able to do something else. Either way the e55 is an amazing german machine and is worth every dime needed. Good luck! Hope he wakes up and has quick recovery!