Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello from The Sunny South Coast of England!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK320 Auto-Tip Coupe
Thumbs up Hello from The Sunny South Coast of England!

Hi.
I thought it only good manners to introduce myself to the rest of the Member here.
As you will have noticed I am in the UK living in a Village near the city of Southampton, Hampshire - a major Seaport on the Central South Coast.
I have just purchased a w208 CLK320 Avantgarde Auto-tip. It is pretty standard other than some AMG IV's 18" Staggered Alloys being fitted at some stage.
Sadly in it's later years it has been neglected somewhat as far as cosmetics go - but mechanically it seems to have been well-maintained...

This is not my first Merc, I have had a number of these cars going back to the mid-90's. This being my 7th. Previously, and in chronological order, I have had:
w123/200 Saloon
w116/350se Saloon
w124/300te Estate
w126/560sel Saloon
w124/300ce Coupe
w124/300e-24v Saloon
But it has been about 10 years since I sold the 300e-24v (And regretted it ever since)!

So now here I am with a Merc I never thought I would own - but quite glad I do now.
I will have a good look through the site, but if there is a question I need to ask, I certainly will.

Thanks again for allowing me to join and I hope to be an active Member.