Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2016 C300 4Matic "LIMP MODE" HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
2016 C300 4Matic "LIMP MODE" HELP!

Hello, I am hoping someone will be able to provide some advice! I have had my C300 for just over a year now and in the last two months, my car has gone into LIMP MODE three times.
1st time - about 2 months ago, car completely died down while I was driving on the street. All warning lights came on and it seemed like the Neutral gear was engaged. I had to brake, turn off and restart the car. It bothered me but the car ran fine after so I didn't pay it any attention.
2nd time - about a month ago, car made loud cranking noise while I was turning into my driveway and it died down again. Didn't understand why but turned off, turned it back on and it worked fine again.
3rd time - a few days later, I was at a traffic light waiting for light to turn green, a loud cranking noise happened (I thought I was hit from behind) then lights came on and car stalled. I again, turned it off, started again and drove home. Next day I called MB and took into the dealership.
My car was at the dealers for 23 days. During which time they called me twice to say they have never heard of this issue and can not duplicate the problem and there were no error codes stored. They asked me to pick up my car. I did research on the internet and found a few complaints that referred to the same exact issues. I would like to know if anyone has experienced similar incidents or offer any solutions. I have called MB USA to complain that I shouldn't feel unsafe driving a car that only has 29K miles and under full warranty. Please help!