Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2011 W164 Mercedes ML350 bluetec with 74k is it too late to flush the transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ml 350 bluetec
Unhappy 2011 W164 Mercedes ML350 bluetec with 74k is it too late to flush the transmission?

Hey Guys
Just purchased a W164 2011 ML350 Bluetec with 74k on odo. no way to check if tranny has ever been serviced since its a sealed unit. called dealer they said they had no record of service being done. i dont want to run the chance of ruining my gearbox if it's too late/ too dirty. i'v been told by a local mecanic who does mercedes that the recommended interval is 80k but read everywhere else that it's about 40k for the first service. i want to do the complete flush with the filter not just oil drain. to get all the oil out of the tranny, torque converter, oil cooler. i live in north Jersey NYC Area does anyone know a good mecanic in the area with right tools for the flush? should i do the flush or just leave it alone ?